Built-In Traversing Drapery Rods are a wonderful combination of function and beauty. Traversing rods have the ability to traverse long expanses without the use of cut by-pass rings or by-pass brackets and they provide ease of operation.
At Window Imagination you can select from different rod styles and diameters and an endless array of finishes. Our traversing drapery rods can even traverse a bay or curve.
Whether you choose Pinch Pleat or Ripplefold, either Hand, Wand, Cord Drawn or Motorized – you’ll get a drapery hardware solution designed for your client’s needs.
In addition, if you have heavy duty drapes that need to traverse, we have heavy-duty options available to address those needs.
Decorative Traversing Drapery Rods: WOOD
Remember, ANY of our wooden drapery rods can be made traversing.
- For our Standard Traversing Rods, we use a 1″ Heavy Duty C Track inserted into the back of the rod, so it is not visible from below.
- For Standard Ripplefold Traversing Rods, we use KS Track Systems which are inserted into the bottom of the rod and are finished to match, so they are barely noticeable.
- For heavy draperies we use a variety of heavy duty track systems with ball-bearing carriers. The heavy duty track systems, which are inserted into the bottom of the rodding, are also finished to match the rod. (Minimum rod size of 1 5/8″ required for heavy duty tracks.)
- Regular Traversing Rods are available in 1 3/8″, 1 5/8″, 2″ and 2 1/4″ diameters
- Ripplefold Traversing Rods are available in 1 5/8″, 2″ and 2 1/4″ diameters
- Motorized Traversing Rods are available in 1 5/8″, 2″ and 2 1/4″ diameters
Shown: Double Traversing Rod, KS Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Traversing Rod (Track Embedded in Bottom of Rod), Traversing Mitered Rod for Bay, Motorized Ring Traversing (Track Embedded in Bottom of Rod), Motorized Traversing Rod (Track Embedded in Bottom of Rod), Ring Traversing (Track Embedded in Top of Rod) – ring options include wood and metal, Ripplefold Traversing in a Sqare Rod (Track Embedded in Bottom of Rod), Square Regular Traversing Rod (Track Embedded in Back of Rod), Regular Traversing Rod with Bump Out Board Attached for Stationary Panels (Track Embedded in Back of Rod)
Decorative Traversing Drapery Hardware: Metal
We also offer Traversing Drapery Hardware in Metal, which is available in 1 1/2″ Diameter with Elbows, Ball Finials or End-Caps.
Metal Traversing Rods can be painted (in any manufacturers color), Painted in a Powder Coated Paint for Outside Applications & Faux Finished. Available in Pinch Pleat, Ripplefold and Motorized.
Brass & Stainless Steel is available in 1 1/2″ Diameter in the following finishes:
- Polished and Brushed Stainless Steel (in squared off rod)
- Polished, Satin and Antiqued Brass (in square or round rod)